Friday, May 1, 2020

Its May!



My favorite month of the year is here! You guessed it, May. There are lots of reasons that May is my favorite month, one reason is that my birthday is in May. I also love the smells, colors, and songs of the birds. Here is a poem that fits the month of May.

OVER IN THE MEADOW
                               By Jean Warren
Over the meadow
And under a log
Lived some little black bugs
And a big green frog. 
Over in the meadow
And in a tree
Lived some baby blue birds
And busy yellow bees. 
Over in the meadow
Where wildflowers grow,
Orange and purple butterflies
Flutter to and fro. 
Over in the meadow
Where white cows graze
Little red ladybugs
Up and fly away!
I love to hear the song of frogs and crickets. Indeed, May is a perfect month for me. We get out of school in May. I plant my garden in May. All good things happen in May.

Yet, this May will be harder because I miss my friends at school. It is different, I have to stay at home just like you do. I think a new favorite month will be August because that is when everyone will come back to school! In the mean time keep doing those vital behaviors for success that I have mentioned before. Here they are again in case you forgot. Continue to follow them and you will have success in school and in life.

1.       Go to bed early and get plenty of sleep.
2.       Wake up at the same time each morning, do not sleep in.
3.       Have a good breakfast.
4.       Have a set schedule of what schoolwork you have and when you are going to do it.
5.       Take break times and have fun.
6.       Communicate with your teacher daily.
7.       Have fun and make the most of this unique experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment